Video Production Process: Discovery
What’s it all about?
No one knows your business like you do, which is why it’s crucial to take time early in the process for discovery, and why we invite all of our clients to come meet us at our office here in Central Phoenix, or at your location to be engulfed in your environment. Some video production companies use a one size fits all approach. Frankly, that approach doesn’t work for clothes, and it definitely doesn’t work for business videos. If your company needs a video that reaches your goals while staying on-brand and on-message, then you need a video production company that will take an active interest in your business.
What we learn during the discovery phase will lay the groundwork for the rest of the process. When we know your goals as a business, we can create a strategically targeted video production just for you. When we really understand your industry, we can tell a story that will make you stand out from your competitors. When we know who your customers are, we can appeal to them as people instead of treating them like statistics.
What to Expect from your Video Production Company
When your project kicks off, your video production company will:
- Ask you a lot of questions about your business, your goals, and your audience.
- Study your information in depth, and confirm that you are on the same page
- Recommend a video marketing strategy, including number of videos, duration, and production approaches.
- Help you identify opportunities for savings and economies of scale.
- Help you understand timeline and next steps.
What Your Video Production Company Will Need from You
Here are some things you can contribute in order to help make your video production better:
- Make sure you have a clear goal in mind for your video production.
- Explain your expectations for the video, and what content you would like to include.
- Come armed with information about your audience. That might be market research, or just insight from your sales team.
- Make sure to share brand assets, and communicate your larger brand strategy. Your video will be a extension of your brand.